Aims of the ARHM
- Promote high standards of practice and ethics in the management of retirement housing and in the provision of services to residents.
- Set standards for membership of the Association and to promote quality and professionalism through the training and education of its members.
- Implement a compliance-testing regime to monitor standards of members so that further improvements in standards can be made.
- Consider and comment on general questions affecting the Association and retirement housing, and to promote the views of the Association in the business, social, educational and political communities.
- Investigate complaints against members.
- Provide the principal forum for the discussion and progression of issues facing the industry and to consider legislation on matters relating to management organisations. To monitor developments of interest to members and to ensure that the views of members are represented on a national basis.
- Promote the benefits of retirement housing.
- Provide and disseminate information on retirement housing and to act as a source of professional knowledge.
- Provide a vehicle for fostering the exchange of ideas and information between members and organisations.
- Form links with and promote the aims and objectives of other organisations, which may have similar or sympathetic objectives, and to provide a vehicle for fostering the exchange of ideas and information between members and other organisations.
- To petition Parliament in favour of, or against, any measure affecting the Association or proposing to make changes in law or practice, and appear in support of any such petition.
Association of Retirement Housing Managers
c/o EAC, 3rd Floor, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP
020 7463 0660
Registered Office: 1-3 Manor Road, Chatham, ME4 6AE,
Registered in England No. 2625179. Vat No. 596 1126 28