In response to demand from leaseholders for clear and comprehensive information both at point of sale and on taking possession of their new home, a group of leading property organisations has come together to produce a new suite of consumer guides.
ARHM has taken an active role in this initiative and we are pleased to announce that these guides are now available to download from our website using the following link www.rita.network
- What is a Lease?
- Who is who in a block of leasehold flats?
- Who has responsibility for what?
- Carrying out alterations or improvements
- What costs will I have to pay each year?
- Common misconceptions about leasehold
- Glossary of common terms
Recent government initiatives have highlighted the need for consumers to be better informed about leasehold as a form of tenure and about the rights and obligations of leaseholders. We believe this new set of consumer guides will not only be of practical help to potential and existing homeowners but also underlines the importance of using professionally qualified agents, property managers, valuers and conveyancers when considering letting, purchasing and/or living in a leasehold property.
The organisations involved in producing these guides are:
- Association of Retirement Housing Managers
- Association of Residential Managing Agents
- Institute of Residential Property Management
- Leasehold Advisory Service
- National Association of Estate Agents|Propertymark
- National Leasehold Group
- Ombudsman Services : Property
- Property Ombudsman
- Property Redress Scheme
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors