NEW TRAINING FROM ARHM
Introduction to Leasehold Retirement Management
We have created a one day training course to support site based staff, those new to retirement leasehold management and support staff in functions such as asset management and finance who may not have to deal with leasehold issues on a daily basis but would like to learn more about it.
The training includes:
- Background and Context of the Leasehold Sector, including latest developments in the leasehold reform agenda from MHCLG and Law Commission
- Challenges and Opportunities of Working with Older Leaseholder
- Understanding the Lease
- Overview of Service Charges and Reserve Funds
- Overview of Section 20
- Safeguarding Key Points
- Person Centred Fire Risk Assessments Key Points
- Pre sale Information
- ARHM Code of Practice
The ARHM also provides 2 Regional Training Events each year. Remember these events are free* to members and provide a valuable opportunity for networking with others working in this specialist sector.
We have found that scheme and estate based staff have found the last events particularly helpful, so please extend the invitation to site based staff to enhance their knowledge of leasehold. Refreshments and lunch provided.
We can also provide bespoke training particularly relevant for estate and scheme based staff and anyone new to managing a retirement leasehold. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0207 463 0660 to discuss your training needs.
* We do, however, reserve the right to make a charge for non-attendance without prior notification, as the places on these events are limited.